Dear Rackspace Customer,
At Rackspace our mission is to provide a service and experience that exceeds expectations. It is also our commitment to ensure that the products and services we offer you meet the demands of your business. Recently, we have fallen short on this commitment. Over the last two weeks we have experienced multiple disruptions within our Exchange 2013 environment. During these events you may have experienced slowness or an inability to connect to your email using both Outlook Web App and your desktop client. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and we are doing everything we can to correct this issue.
In an effort to be transparent around the work being performed on our Exchange 2013 environment, we have provided as much detail as possible around our plans for addressing this matter.
What is Rackspace doing to correct the problem?
At this time Rackspace is taking several actions to resolve the issue.
- We are thoroughly reviewing our entire environment to ensure that all configuration items remain in line with product and vendor best practices.
- We have engaged personnel from across the company to participate in reviewing all aspects of the environment for solution assessment.
- We have engaged our partners and vendors to assist with review of our Exchange 2013 configuration.
What will Rackspace do to prevent it from reoccurring?
- In response to the recent events Rackspace has reconfigured the Exchange 2013 environment to load balance traffic across geographically diverse data centers. This configuration reduces the load on each individual system and provides greater resiliency as we continue to work through this issue.
- We have increased monitoring and alerting for this environment and have created an internal quick response runbook should we experience similar symptoms as we continue to work through the issue.
Please know that we have our best resources in place and are confident a permanent solution will be reached soon.
Rackspace understands uptime is the most important aspect of your e-mail service.We truly appreciate your patience and understanding of this matter. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to your dedicated account manager at any time.
Vice President, Rackspace Cloud Office