Below is a summary of how to sync your BlackBerry with Rackspace Hosted Email (IMAP). The full instructions are here: http://www.rackspace.com/apps/support/portal/1243
- BlackBerry device running BlackBerry OS 4.2.1 through 4.7.
(OS 5.0 and higher are not fully compatible at this time.)
- A data-transfer plan from your service provider
- Optional: BlackBerry Desktop Manager matching your BlackBerry OS version
- Native BlackBerry Tasks and Notes programs must be installed
- To successfully sync your calendar, you will need to disable content protection. From the home screen, select Options / Security Options / General Settings and then disable Content Protection. Note: For OS 5.0 and later, this step is not necessary.
- To successfully sync your contacts, you will need to allow duplicate names. From the address book, select Options, and then set the duplicate names option to Yes.
- We do not recommend synchronizing your BlackBerry with Outlook directly if you are also using our Sync for Outlook product. Data will be synchronized between them through our services.
- Removing email accounts from your BlackBerry may corrupt your device’s Calendar database; these corruptions may then sync to our servers. Please contact Support before removing an email account from your device.
- Depending on your over-the-air data transfer rate, as well as the processing speed of the BlackBerry device itself, you may not be able to successfully synchronize more than 1500 contacts.
In order to install software on your BlackBerry over-the-air, your device and service provider must support it. If you are unsure if you have this capability, you may attempt the steps below, or contact your service provider for assistance.
- Open the internet browser on your device.
- Press the Menu button and select Go To.
- Type in the following URL:
- Special update messages will be posted on the first screen. If it does not redirect to the download page, click the here link.
- When the installation is complete, you may run the program from your home screen.