The only brand of flatbed scanners we've seen work well, work consistently, and produce new drivers for each version of Mac OS X is Epson. Microtek was another favorite, but they stopped selling their products in the U.S., and only recently began selling a limited product line in the U.S. Epson remains our favorite for easy setup and good results. Below are several options to fit most budgets. Contact us if you need any assistance deciding which model is best for your office.
Epson Perfection 4490 Photo Scanner ($129.99)
- 4800 x 9600 dpi
- 35mm and Medium Format Transparency Adapter
- Digital ICE™ for Film
- 6400 x 9600 dpi resolution
- DIGITAL ICE for prints and film
- Built-in Transparency Adapter in lid
- Energy-efficient ReadyScan LED Technology
- Ground breaking 6400 dpi optical resolution
- Dual Lens System to capture every detail
- Transparencies up to 8" x 10"
- Digital ICE™ Technologies for automatic dust and scratch removal
- Large format bed accommodates reflective media up to 12.2" x 17.2"
- 2400 x 4800 dpi
- 3.8 Dmax
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0, FireWire® (IEEE 1394)