Many of our Mac clients who occasionally run Windows ask us how to connect to a server from the Windows OS. Here's the answer:
- From the Start menu choose My Computer.
- From the Tools menu, select Map Network Drive (or you can right click Network from the Start Menu and select "Map Network Drive").
- From the Drive box, select a drive letter.
- In the Folder box, if you know the exact path of the server drive, type \\IP ADDRESS OF SERVER\SHARE NAME (this is case sensitive). If you do not know the path, you can click the browse button, and look for the server name in the list. You may have to click on the domain name (or workgroup if there is no domain) first, and then click on the server name afterwards. Once you find the server drive, highlight it and click OK.
- Ensure that the ‘Reconnect on Logon’ box is checked and click ‘Finished’.
- A message window will pop up. Type in your login credentials info (the same information you use on the Mac side). If this does not work, click the "connect using a different user name" and enter the login info there.)
- The drive will now be mounted.
Contact us if you have any questions.