Today we had an extensive conversation with a representative from Adobe regarding their Creative Cloud (CC). Here's what we learned.
Teams Version - Upgrade Deadlines
If your office owns a valid serial number of at least one copy of any Adobe CS3 or newer product, then you can move your entire office to Creative Cloud for Teams at these discounted prices for year one. Pricing goes up to $69.99 for everyone in year two. Sign up here.
- $39.99 per user per month - Today until August 31, 2013.
- $49.99 per user per month - September 1, 2013 until December 31, 2013.
- $69.99 per user per month - January 1, 2014 and later.
Creative Cloud can be installed on up to two machines. This is to accommodate a single user with two machines (home and work, or Mac and Windows).
Adobe will make updates available automatically. However, it’s your choice when to download and install the new versions. This is important because so many clients rely on third-party plugins and workflows that must be carefully tested and strategically deployed to avoid breaking the workflow, and causing costly downtime and delays.
Speaking of updates. Adobe is promoting a "new Creative Cloud experience. Coming in June." They are more precise in their FAQ, mentioning June 17. A few details regarding the anticipated changes can be found on their Creative Cloud Team Blog.
Creative Cloud for INDIVIDUALS Benefits
Creative Cloud is available to individuals for $49.99 per month (a limited time reduced price of $29.99 is available with a valid CS3 serial number) and includes these features:
- Full versions of Adobe's most popular desktop applications — Adobe® Photoshop®, Illustrator®, Acrobat®, and more.
- Full access to services to help create mobile-ready content and apps.
- 20GB of cloud storage for file sharing and collaboration. (Optional, and not required to use the applications.)
- Annual commitment; billed monthly.
Creative Cloud for TEAMS Benefits
If you have 4-10* Creative Cloud users then we strongly suggest the Team version with these additional benefits:
- Entire collection of Creative Cloud tools.
- 100GB of cloud storage per person for file sharing and collaboration. (Optional, and not required to use the applications.)
- Centralized administration, purchasing, and license management console.
- Centralized deployment — package all apps, or a customized subset, for your team.
- Flexibility to add or reassign seats when needed.
- Exclusive access to Adobe experts (two 1:1 sessions per user, per year).
- Annual commitment; Team price is per person, per month.
* Adobe mentions 4-10 on their website. What if you have more than 10 users?
Adobe Creative Suite 6
Adobe's official statements regarding their plans for Adobe Creative Suite 6:
- We plan to sell Creative Suite 6 for use on supported platforms indefinitely. To learn more visit: http://www.adobe.com/products/cs6.html
- While Adobe Creative Suite® 6 products will continue to be available for purchase, Adobe has no plans for future releases of Creative Suite or other CS products.
- Adobe is currently planning to support Creative Suite 6 on the next version of Mac OS X. As Apple releases more specific details about the next version of Mac OS X, we may adjust our plans.