Encrypt Your Mac with Robot Cloud
SUMMARY - Enable FileVault
- Open Self Service from your Applications folder (or from SupportMenu in your menubar).
- Select the Security category on the right to locate (or search for) Encrypt Your Mac and click the Encrypt button.
- You will be prompted to Restart your Mac and presented with the following notifications to complete the process.
DETAILS: What To Expect
- Once activated from Self Service, you will receive the following notification:
- After restarting you will be prompted to enable FileVault:
- After selecting Enable Now you will receive the following message:
- Upon clicking OK, you will be logged into the Desktop and can continue working as usual. No further action is required and the encryption will continue to run in the background. You can view the encryption status by opening System Preferences > Security & Privacy > FileVault (as per the screen grab below).