Robot Cloud Sync allows you to quickly and easily create a local distribution point to host local copies of the Robot Cloud updates and installers. This reduces the amount of bandwidth coming in and out of your office as updates are pulled once and then distributed to each Mac through your local area network.
These instructions pertain to setting up Robot Cloud Sync for the first time and for reinstalling Robot Cloud Sync for troubleshooting reasons.
- A Mac running macOS X 10.8 or higher with Server.app configured. (Linux and Windows servers are not supported at this time.)
- 60GB of available free space for local distribution point.
- The server must be enrolled with Robot Cloud.
Download and Install Robot Cloud Sync
- Click here to download the latest version of Robot Cloud Sync 3.
- On the Mac server that will host your Local Distribution Point, unzip the installer downloaded above and double-click Robot Cloud Sync.pkg to launch the installer. Follow the onscreen instructions to install.
Performing a Manual Sync
Robot Cloud Sync should automatically synchronize available packages at the time you selected during the Robot Cloud Sync.pkg installation process. You can also manually synchronize packages if needed.
Via the Graphic User Interface
From the /Applications folder, launch RobotCloudSync.app and select a sync option.
Via the Command Line Interface
- As an administrator on the server, launch Terminal.app from /Applications/Utilities.
- Enter this command and hit return: